- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Norse Cask Selection (NCS)
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Number of bottles
- 58.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 Dec 2011 10:26 pm
2 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
23 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 1997 NCS
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.64 points
- N: mild smokyness and briny on the nose
P: salty, smoky, spicy and salted liquorice
F: again salty, warming with some burnt grasses
- Tasted during the Bunna tasting at WCY 11/11/2017
- Bunna tasting @ WCY
- As with all Norse cask bottlings, Excellent
Peat, herbs, vanilla and pears
Comes in sweet and smooth with a taste of vanilla and pears as in the nose after a moment dries off a bit. Then pepper and spices appears and grows, plenty of peat and coal but not until after swallowing the sip
Medium long finish with fading spices turning over to
- There must have been a big peating level on this one. It's a peat freaks dram.
Huge smoke, sausage and smokey bacon with bog myrtle. Breakfast in a glass with clean barley sugars.
A mouthful of smoke. So sooty and smokey its almost overwhelming.
Wave after wave of coal smoke. Astonishing.