- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch 0911P
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- First-Fill American Oak Casks
- 53.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 19 Dec 2011 10:13 pm
4 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet Nàdurra
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.85 points
- with water: floral nose, cream in taste,
flatter finish (much better without)
note: really great value, performs well
over the price range, elegant and complex
honey butter bourbon, sweet heavy fruits,
pear, elegant oak, sweet grain, hint of almond
oily, heavy fruit syrup sweet, almonds,
red oak, citrus
medium-long, heavily buttered bread
pudding, caramel, buttered seafood at the back
- The nose is somewhat reticent but then comes an explosion of ripe exotic fruit and vanilla. Obviously 1st fill-bourbon and for a very nice price to obtain, is unfortunately followed by a NAS version but fortunately there is still enough of this in stock. Nice compare with the Aberlour A'nadh bourbon vs sherry CS. Does not require much water.
- Though quite modern style (bourbon) cask driven, for me still one of the best value for money 'standard' OB whiskies nowadays (along with Aberlour A'bunadh). There's quite a lot of consistency between the different batches.
Sweet barley. Fruity sweetness of pear, lemon and orange. Marshmellows. Fresh flowers. Polished oak at the background.
Very creamy and waxy. Full bodied mouthfeel. Lots of vanilla and honey. Toasted oak. Citrus fruit of lemon and lime as well. Cinnamon.
Long and sweet. Liquorice and ginger. Slightly peppery. Becomes a tad bitter at the end.
- My all time favorite Whisky. Butterscotch on fire. with the first sip, you discover if you have any cuts in your mouth. With the second sip, the optic nerves relax and tension in the forehead dissipated. With the third sip, all is right with the world. Drink it neat in a Glencairn if you can, add water or chill it a bit if you must, but please, no ice. Absolutely Lovely Scotch
NoseMysterious, Cedar, cotton, Orange Rind.
PalateOrange Rind, Honey and mild pepper. Very easy to drink and a bit sweet
FinishShort Finish, mild burn, very pleasant, sweet and peppery
- Good whisky. One of the few cask strength whiskies that I prefer to drink neat despite the %.
Soft, rich and floral. tones of sweet hazelnut praline and reinforced by a dry, citrus oakiness
Smooth, sweet vanilla and rose, in balanse with a slight spiciness
Dry, oak finish and aftertaste of considerable length and complexity