- Whiskybase ID
- Blended Grain
- Matthew Gloag & Son Ltd. (MG&S)
- Oak Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 19 Dec 2011 11:19 pm
4 × in wishlist
99 × member ratings
256 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Famous Grouse The Snow Grouse
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 64.46 points
- Should be drunk ice cold. I did it too. Still tastes no different than vodka from the freezer.
- best drank from the freezer
- Tasting was on room temperature. Extreme chilling (as suggested on the bottle!) will only make this suitable for effect-drinking: getting drunk.
But this subtle whisky is an interesting tasting starter. It is Light, Non-aggressive. And really requires the concentration on the nose and taste.
Indistinctive. Methylated spirit, sweet malt.
Sweet arrival of fruitjuices (apple juice), immediate development of warmth and sharpness on the tongue. No taste development.
Short, sweet and warm finish with liquorice.
- My heart is wide, but you can probably just behind the recommended "enjoyment temperature" behind. I had previously tried it uncooled - not recommended, because one smells only diluted dilution and the taste is immediately spicy and bitter.
(from the freezer, as recommended)
a hint of vanilla, slightly chemically-artificial fruitiness, thinning
Sweet, a little grain, vanilla, as soon as you leave it in your mouth (as is usual with good whiskey), sharpness and not very pleasant bitterness are released
short and bitter