- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Flora & Fauna
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 Aug 2007 10:32 pm
24 × in wishlist
242 × member ratings
586 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Inchgower 14-year-old
35 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.15 points
It seems this one came from a rather dark batch. Very nice actually.
Rather resinous, peppery and spicy. Fruity hints here and there but this is more on the savoury side. Slightly herbal and there is a hint of sulphur in there, but it is so faint it can be ignored.
Savoury arrival, this time the sulphur is a bit more prominent in the form of match sticks. Again spicy, some honey in between and overripe apples. Tiny bit harsh, and maybe a bit thin, but it is not all that bad. A certain dry freshness kicks in after a while.
Medium long on overripe apples, caramel and some honey. Nice sirupy, kinda coffe-ish after taste.
- Quite a mole, very clean, transparent, very good depth and saturation for its age, the fortress is also no complaints, for 43% - very worthy, in general - woody-grassy, dry.
Open, dry, processed board, wood shavings, wood dust, herbal notes, light honey-floral tones, propolis, sandpaper, some fresh vegetables.
Sweet-woody, a little lemon pepper, lemon zest, creamy notes, herbs and honey, slightly astringent oak.
Light, airy, slightly tart oak, light plastic bitterness, herbs, weak lemon tints, lemon pepper.
- An unobtrusive drink that takes time to develop to show off its fruit-vanilla qualities and, unfortunately, a bitter orange peel. It's not the worst, but not the bomb
- I remembered it as a little cardboardy in the aftertaste. but tody I find it pretty clean.
nice midday dram, I´d say. up one point
taste changes from time to time, at the moment I´m more into bourbon matured stuff, so let´s see, if I will change my mind. had it 86 last time I reviewed it.
slightly grassy and floral with a substantial oaky back bone. also a malty component, let´s say croissants. thereś also a mineral, slightly coastal smell.
very round and pleasing on the palate, good balance with malt, vanilla, grass, breakfast cereals.
first slightly sweet but drying very quickly.
medium to long, a bit flat now
Sofort kommen Heidekraut und Ginster zum Vorschein, dicht gefolgt von Honig und etwas Vanille
weich, leicht ölig und frisch; Noten von Kräutern und Nadelholz sowie Harz; insgesamt floral
lang, wärmend und leicht alkoholisch; wiederholt die Kräuternoten, floraler Charakter kommt stärker zum Vorschein
- The nose is very well balanced, the alcohol burns a little on the palate.
Flowery, heather, sweet and sour, pineapple, green apples, lime, vanilla, cereals
Pear schnapps, herbs, sweet and sour tropical fruits (pineapple / guava)
slightly bitter oak, slightly salty, citrus notes. medium
- the nose is full of fruits, plums, just wonderful. on the palate there are some spices but gentle, some nuts, fruits again, malt. nice and good balanced malt. nose does promise a lot - taste does not keep up but still very nice!