- Single Pot Still
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Irish Distillers Ltd
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Casks / Bourbon Barrels
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label
- Added on
- 15 Dec 2011 10:30 pm
45 × in wishlist
281 × member ratings
635 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Redbreast 12-year-old
36 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.65 points
- A nice malt, quite pleasant to drink. Overall, the taste is not as good as in the nose and the finish is not very much left over, the flavors lose themselves quite quickly. A little one-dimensional but ok for the price.
When the sample is opened, Amarena cherry is released first. In the glass, this then fades into the background and it offers the nose rumors of raisins, (dried) apple, vanilla and peach.
Spicy in the mouth, with a fresh apple, you can taste citrus and the wood is fine in the background.
a hint of warmed cinnamon remains in the mouth.
- A whikey perfectly balanced, gourmand and elegant, fine, an ally of aperitifs. Despite being 40%, it does not weaken and keeps its complexity. Bravo. If it had to be given a subjective note, it would be a 88
Single pot Still: from Still pot stills and distilled three times. Golden yellow dress, long tears, few and slow. It is very floral and delicate. White flowers, acacia, rose, honey. A toasted side, roasted coconut, black pepper and yellow brulee. Elegance!
Great finesse, dry and tender, on the white flowers, beeswax, a nice taste of blackcurrant still disbudded. The fresh coconut, yellow brugnon, rose petals. Finesse and freshness on pink grapefruit.
Medium long finish on rose petal and vine peach.
- really typical Irish whiskey, could use a bit more complexity perhaps
- Light sweet nose with oranges, limes and yellow peach. Something malty and cinnamon. Soft and oily in the mouth. Harmonious with juice oranges and subtle roasted aromas. Medium-long, solid finish.
- A delicious Irish for in between, the finish depends a little later taste.
Has something of bourbon, malt, vanilla, fresh bright fruits, oak, already typically Irish, some roasted oak vllt.
Again, these creamy, malty notes with vanilla, followed by gentle peppery spiciness, but also fruit like apple, citrus and toffee
Medium length, oak with malt, peppery
- On the nose, cereals, grass, vanilla, fine oak and ripe fruits! In the mouth, creamy sweetness, a little spicy, blackcurrant, apples a little caramelized, vanilla again, simple and effective! In the final, all these aromas endure at the bottom of the glass, then the desire to take a tear, because of a rather short finish. A good simple dram, fruity, low alcohol!
- Very nice this Redbreast. Worth while.
A complex,spicy and fruity aroma with toasted -wood notes evident.
Full flavored and complex,harmonious balance of spicy, creamy, fruity , sherry and toasted notes.
Pleasant. Long. The complex flavours linger on the palate.
- Nosing: Fresh sherry, fruity, light vanilla, young barrels
Tasting: Sweet, strong, spicy sherry, hint of mint
With water: more aromatic and softer
Comment: For a 12-year-old very pleasant, surprisingly positive, although not overly complex