- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Finest Highland Malt Whisky
- Stated Age
- 35 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- SD 133
- Added on
- 28 Nov 2011 3:49 pm
3 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
14 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Strathisla 35-year-old GM
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.05 points
- Great old style sherry and obe, very nice
- I would agree that this whisky may qualify as digestif or bitters and thus better for the aperitif. Fortunately I like bitters.
Honey, dried fruits, old books, little toffee
Pretty punchy, oily, toffee, peppery, subtle sweetness, some drying oak, then some Mediterranean spices such as Thyme, Oregano, Marjoram and even a little Sage
Medium long, warm, little zesty - I would say even a tad bitter in the end
With water it becomes much sweeter in the end
- What a nose. If it were in the mouth and especially in the finish on the same level, it would be a mega macaque. Unfortunately, he loses a few crucial points there. Still very good.
What a beguiling nose: honey, the heavy tropical flowers of the 70s, toffee, candle wax. Quince and apricot jam. Enormously expressive, enormously deep, very intense.
Toffee full, dusty, OBF, clearly herbal liqueur. Round, expressive, spicy, good body, very harmonious.
Intensively herb bitter, dry, astringent. Rather short.
- This would be from the 90`s and should have a laser printed G&M code like ID/BLA.