- Single Malt
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Ginger, chocolate and prunes
- Stated Age
- 35 years old
- 51.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 28 Nov 2011 9:27 am
6 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
17 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Longmorn 1968 SMWS 7.25
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.69 points
- Longmorn 35 yo 1968/2004 (51.7%, Scotch Malt Whisky Society, 7.25) Colour: mahogany. Nose: extremely similar on the nose, maybe a tad less chocolaty but much meatier and a little more phenolic and resinous. Gets much nicer than the 38 yo after a while, with some beautiful organic notes emerging. Forest, mushrooms, smoke… Then litres of high-end balsamic vinegar, also sherry vinegar, dried morels, pure cocoa… Amazing how this one developed on the nose, whilst its bro stays much more restrained, even after a good twenty minutes. A matter of education, probably… Mouth: oh yes, it’s certainly better than the 38 yo on the palate. Sweeter, rounder but not less complex (yet compact), with lots of sultanas, crystallized oranges, baklavas, chocolate, apricots, toffee, café latte… Not the most brilliant sherry monster I’ve ever had but it’s perfectly palatable in its own genre. Nice medium-long finish, a little fresher and fruitier (prunes). Very, very good, like many old Longmorns (but still no absolute winner). 90 points.
- With water :-
basically it improves and gets spicier, the ginger grows and its very pleasant.
Dark chocolate, coffee, sherry, plum. a little ginger, prune juice,
Massive sherry and bitter chocolate with raisins and treacle sponge but ginger in the mix also, with a little soy sauce.
Long and spicy
- Matured, complex sherry bomb with a sweet sour competition.
Big sherry, tannic oak, rum cherry, plum and raisin. Antique leather, sawdust and varnish.
Powerful. Sherry, plum jam, orange peel, ginger and pepper. Oak, milk chocolate and motor oil.
Long, creamy, bittersweet.
- Longmorn 1968 Color: Dark Amber Scent: Lovely, big Taste: Beautiful taste with sherry fat trends. Long aftertaste http://smad.se/provningar/Provning%2053%20H%C3%B6stspecial.html