- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Speyside Single Malt
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 350 ml
- Added on
- 19 Nov 2011 7:36 pm
0 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mortlach 15-year-old GM
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.70 points
- Very rewarding and highly recommended. Interesting with and without water.
w/o water - heavy and complex. Sweet, floral, malty honey.
w/ water - less heavy, but still complex, fragrant of summer flowers, perfumed.
w/o water - sweet arrival, swift development to peppery heat.
w/ water - sweet arrival, citrus development. Parsely heat, warm and sticky on the palatte.
Dry, sharp citrus. Long. Warm.
- Worth every penny. Incredibly beautiful nose. You could smell it for hours. In a forum somebody wrote, that should make perfume '
Tender smoke, fruits, raisins, cereals, sherry, sweet
sweet, oak, smoke, sherry, seasoning the oak
Lang mit Sherry
- Blind tasting of a sample from Erik.
Spicy sherry. Toffee, gunpowder, cherry, malt, lime, mustard, marzipan, orange and a little honey.
Toffee, nutmeg, pepper, almond, hazelnut, leather and again a little honey.
Toffee, mocha, nutmeg, hazelnut and a whiff of smoke.
- N: popcorn, honey, coals, berries - currants and a touch of smoke
T: syrup, butter, caramel, red fruits and again the currant
F: nuts, some white pepper, raisins and figs
tasted with Aby and J J
- Fruity aromas with delicate hints of smoke and vanilla that give it a playful
character is nicely balanced and mild, the palette consists of oak with slight
sherry notes and hints of truffle oil.