- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Pure Single Highland Malt
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 Jun 2007 10:18 pm
5 × in wishlist
106 × member ratings
258 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour 10-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.00 points
- Great value for money.
At the first moment a surprisingly strong start for a young Speysider with "only" 43%. Full and even spicy. Then very fruity and mild.
Mild and light on the tongue. Sweeter than in the nose. On the palate actually brings a slight oak impression of the chocolate.
Medium long and mild.
- This is a great whisky, I have had it many times and sure to have it many times in the future. It is also really great value.
- A clipping point whisky for me, it's ok as an evening starter, but don't expect to much in complexity. Recommended if your looking for a quality entry level whisky, however I wouldn't pay more than about €25 for this.
- A classic Speyside single malt, matured in a combination of oak ex-bourbon casks and ex-sherry butts for a minimum of 10 years.
Malty, spicy, mint toffee.
Distinctively clinging mouth feel, with long-lasting flavour development. Both sweetness and spicy, peppery dryness in its malt character. Nutmeg and berry fruit.
Lingering, smooth, aromatic, clean.
- My first single malt ever. That`s why I rate it that high I guess. Better try it again soon.