- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 07 Nov 2011 3:32 pm
4 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
79 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 15-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.00 points
- very smooth 15 year old springbank
- "Like a storm gathering of the Kintyre coast, dark and ominous, yet tastes so good. The richness comes from the high percentage of sherry casks used in maturation. This is a truly classic Springbank, best enjoyed after dinner, or with your favourite cigar." - Distillery
- Distillers Tasting Notes:
Nose: Sherry, dark chocolate, christmas cake, almonds, toffee and oak.
Palate: Creamy, raisins, dark chocolate, figs, marzipan, brazil nuts and vanilla.
Finish: Oak and sherry notes sustain, mingling with hints of leather.
- One of the nicer drams from Campbeltown
Light, some hints of peat and some sherry
Toffee, more sherry, well balanced, coconut, light salt
Vibrant and exciting, well balanced
- Best of the standard SB range....by far.