- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Claret Finish
- Number of bottles
- 57.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Jul 2008 6:09 pm
4 × in wishlist
21 × member ratings
17 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glengoyne 1991 Claret Finish
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.83 points
- Promising on the nose despite the slight sulphury note, a little bit disappointing on the palate and the finish
Heavy sherry, leather boots, dried fruits, dark chocolate, hints of toffee
Punchy, very old wood, leathery, cardboard, peppery, spices, dark fruits
Medium long, warm, a tad bitter in the end
- The dominance of red wine in all components, the basis is crushed, much sweetness, Glengoin left such an unconventional one, I do not even know who to recommend - to fans of a combination of red wine, syrup and whisky? In the rest, everything turned out well, a large enough fortress is perfectly inscribed in all the components, non-spirituous, a drink, well balanced.
Wine notes with tart oak tones, cherry, cherry beer, nuts, baklava, churchchel, cake "Anthill", mahogany, dried apricots.
Oak, soaked in red wine with the addition of a decent amount of sugar, ginger.
Light ginger burning, wine tones, creamy biscuits, melted milk, light oak bitterness.
- A lovely sherry and finish! Incredible depth for this age! Excellent!
Oak, cherry, caramel, coffee, raisins, cinnamon
Oak, spices, raisins, cherries, chocolate
Long, creamy, oaky with wine and blueberry
Nice warm but dry oaky nose. Dark cherries, dark chocolate, earthy, raisins.
warm, oaky and mouth coating. christmas cake, raising, a hint of acetone.
Long oaky and winey finish. Very nice!
- blind tasting
fudge, tea, orange, forest fruits,coffee - capucino, custard, raisins, earthy
floral, orange, spices - mint, raisins and syrup
fudge, creamy, meat, winey and raisins
- If I had tasted this one blindly, I could have mistaken it for a PX sherry cask. 89.5 points I'd say ;-) Warmly recommended!
Dark cherry, prune, mocha, raisin, blackberry, toffee, date and cinnamon. With water it starts giving the impression of an aged port.
Dark cherry, prune, mocha, toffee, dark chocolate, fudge, raisin and liquorice.
Dark chocolate, mocha, blackberry, cranberry, liquorice and a little whiff of eucalyptus.
- Sherry notes with intensive wood. The first sip makes clear impression, but is not for everyone. It`s really nice and even so poerfull. Sherry notes with spicy bitter but well intensive wood, wow, maybe a bomb, but not for everyday.