- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- European First Fill Sherry Oak Casks
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Friends of Classic Malts
- Added on
- 01 Jul 2008 3:04 pm
42 × in wishlist
271 × member ratings
854 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 1995
40 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.36 points
- Nose well peaty, ash, candied orange. Oily texture, a lot of ash, charcoal, iodine, a little caramel, the mouth is salty. Long salty finish with flavors of ashes and fish. Very spirit driven, difficult to detect the sherry cask.A straight and well done dram, enjoyable when we love peat. Thanks Tomy for the sample!
- light amber color, very nice well typed nose Laga sherry, peat, iodine, algae, tobacco, ash, chocolate, orange, soy sauce, level Feis Island. Beautiful attack on the palate, light, fine, with a thick texture, on the aromas of the nose. In the end, the 48% are felt, it lacks a little punch. Finale of medium length, on ash, spices, chocolate, slight bitterness.
- Very nice Lagavulin. In the nose it promisses some fruits, which I did not find later on, but still enough nice flavours to really enjoy this one.
Peatsmoke, ash, tobacco, as usual. But then: Prunes, and when it develops, lighter fruits come through: Citrus, oranges. And spicy, cinnamon, and some coffee even.
Sal ammoniac at first, licorice. Sweet smoke, ash, honey, some pepper, pretty strong. The fruits from the nose seem to have disappeared, but the dram itself is very nice balanced and attractive still.
Still some pepper, sweet smoke. Strong and full, pretty long, honey, and the coffee is back now, with some chocolate.
- A great and very good Lagavulin ...
distinct sherry flavors, only moderate smoke;
full, spicy on, plenty of sherry, a slightly "earthy" note, mouth-filling, stimulating the mucus;
long-lasting, harmonious, pleasant finish;
- From top to bottom, a great malt, very pleasant and pleasing, great combination of flavors, even if the sherry barrel does not appear too clearly in appearance
Incredibly creamy, smoked fish, salty smoke, some chocolate, grated lemon zest, tobacco, totally oily and supple, pleasant
also very creamy in the mouth, starts sweet, then comes ashy smoke, salt, mineral, greasy, some cinnamon, great drinking strength, the sherry cask comes through in the end a bit through
The chocolate also resonates here, becoming a bit drier, oak, the smoke is still there but not too dominant, long-lasting and warming
I really liked it
earthy, iodine, sweet, dirty, nut
Iodine, sherry, smoke
- Slightly better than your usual Lagavulin 16 but not by much... quite weak for a 48%
- Nose: light, smooth and floral, malty, fleshy and peaty with leather, sherry and orange notes Taste: sweet, malty and peaty, salty with oranges, tangerines and algae, slightly floral and aromatic Finish: medium-long and dry, woody, smoky, malty , slightly gummy and bitter with salt liquorice, grapes, chocolate and burnt sugar