- Single Malt
- The Whisky Agency (TWA)
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 27 years old
- Ex-Bourbon Wood
- Number of bottles
- 52.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 28 Oct 2011 6:13 pm
21 × in wishlist
69 × member ratings
58 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cardhu 1984 TWA
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.37 points
- Shows the potential of Cardhu, in contrast to the standard bottlings a real highlight.
- [December, 2011] I found this dram in an advents calendar sampled by MaRa.
my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 90. Unfortunately I took no detailed notes.
- Really beautiful, explosive fruits and a lot of beautiful things around. Tasted blind.
Very fruity, apples, peaches, pineapple, grapefruit. Delicately woody, a little sap, almonds. Spices, cocoa, some chalk, nutmeg, apple pie. A little earthy. We could feel it for hours, beautiful nose.
Sublime fruit cocktail, after the nose we share on the same basis. A little mint, ginger, what you need wood. Long and powerful, a hint of mustard. Thick texture.
Long and sweet. Calva, grass, licorice.
- Very `berryy` and complex. In the finish long and s
- Ingenious whisky, the best Cardhu ever, on the other hand, the DT must lose even if the is also awesome, this is just more complex than the DT
very berry, jellies ?, Cardhu aroma very discreet
Berry cocktail, pure fruit, strong and delicious, a few herbs, very complex, mulled wine!
medium long, damn tasty
- This Cardhu has more to offer than just an "easy" fruitiness like some other old Speysiders - it has plenty character and it's still really balanced.
Starts oily (plain vegetable oil). After a while it evolves to vanilla, hay, gooseberries and yellow apples. Lovely furniture polish. It's not overly sweet, it's warm but there are earthy and mineral qualities to it as well. I even detected tiny hints of medicinal notes. Quite special.
Mouth-coating and rather unique. Again very oily (lemon balm) but also quite spicy / herbal (aniseed, mint, ginger, pepper) and fruity (grapefruit, oranges, blackberries). Some chocolate notes and toffee. Great complexity, anything but boring.
Slightly drier and grassier. Still some citrus and cocoa. Quite long.