- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Fine Oak
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Bourbon and Sherry Oak
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label
- Added on
- 28 Jun 2008 9:53 pm
28 × in wishlist
54 × member ratings
158 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 21-year-old
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.77 points
- Sherry and dried fruits, spices and orange chocolate in the nose. Freh citrus and the sweetness of toffee together on the palate. A rather loger finish brings that dram to the "coronation".
- This is a classic and actually one of these bottles I was up in San Clemente visiting the local store and found this bottle marked 129$ and figured I would offer an even 100$ and the seller took it. You never know the power of the dollar can have under the right circumstances.
- What I have noticed over time is that this becomes more of a favorite. It has subtle notes of citrus and wonderful notes of cinnamon with some nutmeg. Sometimes a bit of fresh cut grass in the nose. It has a carmel like feel on the tongue and after rolling it aroung a bit, then the tingleling sinsations start to grow in intensity. Very enjoyable to drink on any occasion!
- Nice to enjoy after some Lemon merang pie.
Intense rich aroma, with hints of vanilla and passion fruit.
Soft, rich and spicy with hints of oranges and peat.
Lingering with hints of wood smoke.
- This would make a wonderful gift this year to someone who appreciates fine scotch.