- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 2nd Edition
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Casks Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- One Part, Extra Matured in Sherry Casks
- Added on
- 05 Oct 2011 11:27 pm
18 × in wishlist
377 × member ratings
1155 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie Lasanta
49 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.58 points
Vanilla notes, dried apricots and other dried fruits, applesauce, dry sherry, wet tree, broken branch, rainy freshness, creamy caramel. 21
Medium-bodied, moderately sweet. Black pepper, cinnamon and other spices, creamy caramel, dried apricots, dried apple, woody tannins, oak bitterness, a little salt. 21
Between short and medium in length, smoothly decaying, tannic. 20
A pleasant, even whisky, sherry is present, but does not fill everything with itself. Balance 21
- Better than another batch I tried, which seemed full of Sulphur. But still not a "go to" malt.
- A decent 12-year-old, but in comparison to his two conspecifics "Quinta" and "Nectar" drops significantly!
distinct velvety fruity sherry note, slight sweetness, spiciness (wooden, a lot of oak);
strong wooden start, sherry, raisins; getting dry, a little out of round;
medium-length "sharp" finish, becoming dry in the finish (coating);
- I expected something different, but I'm not disappointed. There is not as much sherry as thought, but it is delicious and can be drunk much too well ... Another glass ...
In the nose significantly less sherry than expected. Raisins and caramel. Overall, very pleasant.
Strong! Tongue tingling, blackberries, cherries, chocolate, light pepper. Where was the sherry now?
Medium long, warm and spicy. The raisins are back.
I have to correct that now: After more than 5 minutes the raisins are still there! This is not a mid-length, that's a long finish!
- Boring and sharp