- Blended Malt
- Wemyss Malts (Wy)
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Oct 2011 7:40 am
3 × in wishlist
59 × member ratings
76 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Hive 12-year-old Wy
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.91 points
- Nice entry level dram. Not terribly complex for my liking.
Not very exciting!
Winey fruitiness combined with notes of unripe gooseberries and hay.
Sweeter than in the nose, but with a noticeable sour note. Overall, very weak chest.
medium and sour
- Suffers from the minimum strength, obviously, but I enjoyed my sample more than I thought I would. What surprised me most was the slight helping of peated whisky that apparently went into the blend and that none of the reviews had mentioned. Very well-rounded and enjoyable, though I wouldn't want a whole bottle.
- N- Orange-d walnut candy, or a gluey chocolate-d pistachio nougat bar, if there are such things. The scents you get when open up an enclosed wood cabinet. Drifting between cedar-y, rusty and mineral. Get dusty, also fresh tree leafs and honey jar that evolved to greenish chewy tones.
P- Chewy wood extracts, oily honey smokes with hint of sherry coming thru with more chocolate and cherry.
F- Short medium, ginger, get syrupy and more honey sweet as it goes.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- [June, 2015] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 32 Euro in June, 2015.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85. My notes state a nice and easy sippable dram...
- Nice blend, especially the sweet / spicy game.
Malt, vanilla, honey and caramel, apple sauce
Creamy honey with dried fruits and spices: cinnamon, pepper and nutmeg
Medium length, sweet, spicy, increasingly drying
- After swiveling forms a rather thin lip, from which then dissolve beautiful Legsbildene drops, I would classify him as oily.
A very nice blend that is just right on the summer track.
Nice sweetness, mild, citrus notes, honey, tingling, quite fruity, gooseberries. Warms up a waxy note, beeswax to the fore, as well as I have found a pleasant wood note.
Soft, full-bodied, honey, light sweetness, becomes peppery at the tip of the tongue, not quite as fruity as the nose showed, velvety waxiness
Again, it shows soft and velvety, again a little fruity, beautiful sweetness, which is paired with a pronounced spiciness on the tongue and the mucous membranes remains.
- Not very exciting! (70/100)
Winey fruitiness combined with notes of unripe gooseberries and hay
Sweeter than in the nose, but with a noticeable sour note. Overall, quite weak-breasted
medium and sour