- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- The Nectar of the Daily Drams
- Stated Age
- 45 years old
- Sherry Cask
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Joint Bottling with La Maison du Whisky
- Added on
- 26 Sep 2011 1:25 pm
14 × in wishlist
59 × member ratings
40 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 1966 DD
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.91 points
- This Whisky was sold for 505,-€ at Whiskyauction 04/2016
- This Whisky was sold for 340,-€ at Whiskyauction 01/2016.
- This Whisky was sold for 406,-€ at Whiskyauction 11/2015
- This Whisky was sold for 303 € at Whiskyauction in July 2015and for 414 € in Feb. 2015
- TASTING NOTE LMDW: Color: Orange-colored copper. Nose: both unctuous and firm. Fresh fruits (apricot, Mirabelle plum), citrus fruits (pink grapefruit) go hand in hand with cocoa beans, cumin and gray pepper. This very coherent and harmonious set plays more on nuances than on power. Malted barley makes an attempt to approach. Palate: full of vivacity. The apricot serves as a guide before strawberries and raspberries take over fruity.Then place the creamy notes including milk caramel and oak oak.The apricot returns in strength, this time it is confit. Very nice salty touch. Final: elegant, racy. The finesse of its tannins gives it depth of field. The cereal is there, unctuous almost pastry. A spicy time (cinnamon), bitter oranges give it liveliness. Empty glass is marked by cereal and salty licorice.
- A fantastic tomato, who has seen a perfect barrel and was taken out at the perfect time, would not have predicted the age blindly, but it's just delicious.
Great full fruit nose directly, everywhere oranges, apricots, full of juicy, grapefruit, cocoa, some pepper, nutmeg and caraway, but only discreetly behind the strong orange, some dark malt, nice classic but very promising everything
Full orange again, orange juice and orange bitters, some grapefruit, baked apple, nice dark malt, herbs like thyme and rosemary, the lightest nutmeg, strawberry also a little in between, nice dark toffee and dark honey, touch of salt
A bit drier, tannins, bitter oranges now rather, grapefruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, some malt and cereal
- Cf. Tasting Notes from Whiskyfun.com (July 30, 2011).
SGP:471 – 87 points.
- Good nose and taste but a bit to old. Propably better bottled 5 years ago