- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- Inaugural Release
- Stated Age
- 22 years old
- Refill sherry hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 48.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Sep 2011 1:01 pm
22 × in wishlist
95 × member ratings
60 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Littlemill 1989 Arc
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.41 points
- Very enjoyable dram. Sherry, honey, resin, oak.
- A very complex Littlemill, a like it a lot.
Very herbal at first, perfumy, notes of lavender, truffle. Thick old sherry notes, leather, dust, a hint of varnish, some menthol and eucalyptus. Very complex.
Oily, thick, minty. Old school sherry, truffles, notes of rum. Becomes slightly tannic and bitter, but not in an overwhelming way. Harbal notes are there too.
Quite short, on candy sweetness countered by black tea, chocolate and espresso.
- This is the best Littlemill I can rememberm. A cracking cask
I've never been much of a fan of Littlemill and this one had the pungency and heat that I expected. It's been a great cask though and this one delivers hot rhubarb and apple pie with floral overtones. Very nice indeed.
Even more surprising, this is really delicious. Heavily sugared stewed fruits with a mountain of spice that makes it a hugely intense experience. Great.
Here comes the heat again though. Typical Littlemill with a burst of flame at the end. Some fruit whizzing around but the heat conquers all.
- Liquid precious metal!
Light pear at first, then flowers, mint, dried bananas, leather, even a little vanilla Absolutely perfect and with the words above just sketch weak!
oily and full-bodied
Wow! Leather, shoe wax, mango, flowers etc.
- This is more like Macallan than Littlemill. Lots of sherry notes and very smooth. Very enjoyable. One of the best malts I have had for a wile.
- It`s a good Littlemill, but not my style. Thanks for the large sample, RvZ!! But I don`t think I`ll buy one of these soon.
- amazing ! i have tasted some Littlemill up to now and scored it never higher than 70 points, this is the exception on the rule. What a great whisky and what a great nose (tobacco, dried fruits, some almonds and oily)
more oak than cereal here but in nice balance, somewhat musty/dusty this time around, dry black tea, raw tobacco, also some distant dried fruits, (88)
A bit later: still quite oaky, but more vanilla now, also some red fruits/berries now, nicely balanced with the wood. (89)
quite oaky at the start again, wet oak at that, a quick attack of spices, herbs & tobacco underneath the oak, somewhat resin-ous, heather, (86)
then berry tea, honey, even with a touch of beeswax, nicely mellowing out with a few blackcurrant notes inbetween the very pleasant wood. Turning dry/bitter & slightly waxern/oily at the same time at the end. Interesting! (90)
Later: turns sweeter, less woody & bitter, dried mango, white chocolate comes through as well but also looses some of the savoury notes (91)