- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- 56.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Turatello Italia S.p.a
- Added on
- 27 Jul 2011 1:46 pm
7 × in wishlist
30 × member ratings
13 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mortlach 1970 GM
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.68 points
- Tasted during Gathering 2019. Thanks Enrico for this magnificent dram.
- The aftertaste of the old Mortlach
Scent: Good sweet floral and sweet fruit of lime fruit, malt, faint gardenia, tail rhyme is the aroma of some salty toffee;
Entrance: sweet, toast, slightly salty, some olive flavor, as old wine, strong enough!
End rhyme: long malt sweet around the tip of the tongue, salty cream, meaty ~
- A powerful nose with a palate that needs water, it is zesty and powerful , the alcohol is massive, a muscular Mortlach this one.
- 21 22 23 22
- Tasted as part of the Whiskybase gathering 2018. Enrico Gaddoni opened a fresh bottling for a tasting.
The nose is nice and rich, with salted caramel and a hint of sultanas in the background.
Palate is full and powerful for a dram so old, the old bottle effect was pleasant but not overwhelming. Text book spirit of Mortlach, meaty and heavy with just the right amount of cask influence. BRAVO Turatello!
- https: // Color: This is not it, is not it GM? But surely the bottling is GM? Nose: Floral with a glossy and plump floral feeling of dead leaves. Attack: Sense of sheer feeling, full of condensation, stunning jab with no fun. Body: A superbly good shape light class. Taste: Hard cheesecake feeling cut and cut. Minti is a faint little tight. Alcohol feeling is also cut. Excellent drinking. Asada feeling caramel feeling none. Finish: Exquisite refreshing vanilla shower with some kaku hot water feeling. Well, even if I get drunk this much, the texture that I love to drink is truly Mortlach. whisky2010.usukeba.com/u/whisky2010/1fyhars2mcz9i5