87.50/100
Sherry Butt
Strength
31 Jul 2011 11:03 am

Whisky Reviews for Confidential Cask 1995 KiW

8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.50 points

1. KayMeertens scored this whisky 84 points Connoisseur

Pretty weird. Can't say I love it, but at least it's not boring. I.e. a proper Kintra anyway. Glenfarclas is probably a good guess indeed.
    Blind tasting of a sample from Erik.
      Sulphur sherry. Firestone, raw minced meat, liquorice, salt & pepper and smoke. Eventually toffee, cherry and a little vanilla. Weird nose!
    • Taste
      Plum, roses, raspberry, vanilla, caramel, nutmeg, cloves and pepper. A little vegetal touch plus again that meaty impression.
      Prune, cherry, cloves and smoke.

2. larry scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

90% sure , that this is Glenfarclas. This malt is similar to official Glenfarclas OB, 15yo

3. aby scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

i just can not believe this is whisky from the distillery `from the valley of the green grass`, it has meaty references i have not often noticed in whisky (only highland park)

4. Erik Elixir scored this whisky 88 points Connoisseur

N: fudge, some smoke, tannins, iron, raisins, orange and chipolata
    T: spices - cajun and mint, meat, iron, some sulphur and mushrooms
    F: bitter, vegetable (soup), medium dry, orange, fruity, fireworks and briny

5. aby scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

nose: yoghurt, fudge, highland park notes

taste: very meaty, black pudding, iron, sulfur

overall: interesting and pretty good whisky, but not my cup of tea, because of the taste i rate it only 84p

6. ardpeat scored this whisky 89 points Expert Junior

thanks to Kintra for making me go back 45 years. an excellent whisky full of emotions for me. only a lack of complexity does not allow me to exceed 90 as for the mystery distillery, if it is not a "speyside distillery" (which I know little), this bottle is for me between Ben Nevis 25 years old and glenfarclas 15 years.the mystery remains whole
      emotion; Back to my grandmother's house a long time ago, when she was preparing her jams and mainly those with apricots almonds and when I opened her closets where reigned a smell of bitter cocoa and still drawers where she put her milk caramels.
    • Taste
      the body is very fat with a very fruity mouth (apricot, orange) chocolate disappears a little to make more room for fruits.tout is smooth and the alcohol is absolutely not aggressive.plus near a 46% only a 54%
      the finish is relatively long and stays on the fruits.

7. ardpeat scored this whisky 89 points Expert Junior

if the location on the label is good, it may be the "speyside" distillery I have not received the bottle of confidential yet, but as soon as I receive it, I give you my impression. I hope it is as good as other kintra traffic jams

8. Sjors scored this whisky 88 points Connoisseur

My first guess a Dalmore,

but it has the red Speyside Label?