- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Connoisseurs Choice
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Map Label
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 06 Aug 2007 9:54 pm
6 × in wishlist
25 × member ratings
34 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Banff 1974 GM
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.43 points
- From memory, nothing was memorable. Balanced floral and perfume laden lemon cake drizzle.
- Not an outstanding Banff, thin and not too much felt for the distillery character. 85/86.
Floral. Ripe fruits, spicy oak, honey and varnished wood.
Pepper, dried fruits, citruses, milk coffee and cardboard.
Medium length, spicy.
- This Whisky was sold for 255 € at Whiskyauction in Oct. 2015
- A good dram, easily drinkable but not lacking character, even if Banff is usually more extreme.
Starts rather big and aromatic on a very ‘idiosyncratic’ mix of
orange juice, mustard and coal, but gets then a little drier and
dustier, with some slightly stale/sourish notes (old white wine).
Whiffs of farmyard after the rain, apple juice, then more coal,
stove, soot… Old style for sure, unlike any ‘current’ whisky.
Sweeter and a tad rounder, a good attack on notes of mead and arak, figs, prunes and then something more cardboardy and slightly tea-ish. A little more pepper too, but the palate is a little more easy-easy than the nose.
Medium long, clean, on figs and café latte. Not much ‘Banffness’ here.
- Found this one on an Estate some years ago. A bit dissapointing this one was. I expected more from the sherry notes, but I didn`t what the color promissed. I loved the RM version more.