- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Master of Malt (MoM)
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Series
- Stated Age
- 27 years old
- Refill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 53.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 09 Aug 2011 9:50 pm
5 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
15 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dailuaine 1983 MoM
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.71 points
- A malt crafted for a Sushi bar?Tasted blind for whisky-distilleries.info WDTS:http://www.whisky-distilleries.info/WhiskyWDTS/index_EN.shtml
First nose speaks rather well. Fairly concentrated, and quite some fruits. Nevertheless, the whole thing “sounds” a bit artificial, without being too ostentatious though (industrial cake with candied fruits, tinned pineapple syrup, candied melon skins). Light flavors that strangely mix fresh fish and fruits, like in those perfumed ointments used for baby cares (Mitosyl someone ?)
Starts quite softly, not unlike a fine mellow plum brandy. Then, the mouth gets more complex. Fresh fish and cooked fruits (apricot tatin?) are back along, while the mouth gets hotter and more powerfull. A very Old Pulteney or Bruichladdich-like combo.
Consistent regarding the mouth. Nothing to add.
- Friendly whisky brilliant especially by its nose. Subtle but basically the aromas that make me vibrate. Tasted blind.
Punchy at first, on the juicy apple. Then the
it attacks a little alcohol, finally saw the titration is not so amazing. A lot of praline, fruity bouquet, then the pepper arrives.
We find a very strong presence of the rose. Pleasant sweetness, then the pepper stays on the front of the tongue. Appreciable length.
- I really like this kind of whisky. Not a great complexity but end. Tasted as part of the WDTS Forum Whisky Distilleries: http://www.whisky-distilleries.info/WhiskyWDTS/2011-05/index.htm
fruity, peach syrup, walnut, almond, an alcoholic strand, beeswax. End.
Vanilla and some spices. A few drops of water allow him to express himself better.
concentrated, fruity, powerful
very long and in continuity
- Cask shared with Whiskybroker.co.uk
- I received 5 samples of the newest Master of Malts bottling today. This one is the first I tried. Nose is quite good and complex. First mouth is a bit sharp with vanilla and some wood. Thick oily. Finish is medium long with some wine notes.
Good dram for the money!