- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Private Bottling to Commemorate The Decommissioning of HMS Campb
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Matured in Oak Casks
- 50.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 14 Jul 2011 8:51 pm
9 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
85 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.33 points
- The aroma is bright, thick: a little smoked meat, gingerbread with jam, vanilla cream, boiled condensed milk, a hint of minerality. The taste is powerful, sweet: smoked, smoke, hot pepper, vanilla, biscuit, thick jam, berry jam, oak. Aftertaste : smoke, smoked products, coals, pepper, vanilla, jam, oak. Conclusion . Great whisky. Saturated, bright, fused. Excellent port wine aging. Rating: 90 (n23t23f22b22).
- The nose is a delight, 91; taste just a tad less, though very good also, 90, which adds up for 90 and a half, so 91 this time. I'm quite a sucker for Springbank and this one really hits the spot.
Chalk, licorice, strong brown sugar: a very pleasant combination of these, mild and light smoke, toffee, dried fig, a gentle electric-like sulphur and semi-sweet oak. Mild Molkosan (a milkwhey preparation from Vogel). Strong fresh apple/pear: dryish cider. With water: opens up to a truly delicious manifold roundness with all of these facets. Apple-y, leathery, mild salmiak.
Sharpish and quite dry. Muesli, licorice-salmiak, a hint of fresh celery, owen baked apple, cane sugar, Calvados, dried fig. Stays rather on the medium-dry side despite sweeter components. Very full-bodied and coherent.
- I`ve got a confirmed statement that this bottling came from Port wood.
I enjoyed this bottling because of the typical Springbank flavors paired with a pleasant fruitiness.
- nose: light peat, you can smell that it`s a finished whisky (probably port) and a fault as well, nuts/almonds
taste: fills your palate, mouth full
overall: not the best Springbank i`ve tasted