- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Manager's Dram
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Sherry Cask
- 60.2 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottled for
- SMD. Staff Association
- Added on
- 15 Jul 2011 3:42 pm
28 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
37 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Elgin 15-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.25 points
- A definite sherry bomb, and a very good one at that, but overrated. Its reputation went through the roof when Serge scored 94 for this. It's a definite step up from your regular Balvenie 15 sherry single cask, and the sherry is better integrated, so a 90 for me.
- This Whisky was sold for 461 € at Whiskyauction in Feb. 2015
A classic sherry monster, orangy and pure old-style sherry influence, very integrated, not overpowered. Also very mineral (soil), salty, and malty. Some oak, overall, bright, fresh and fruity.
Wool and leather, sweet and orangy sherry influence, very very intense and juicy, very balanced and integrated. Dried mango, earthy spices. Then towards minty liquor, very minty indeed. Definitely a great sherried whisky with no flaws.
Long, Chinese dry dates, dark chocolate, no overpowered sherry, just a perfect blend between sherry and malt.
- Head to head with then newer managers dram, the sherry is so much more fruity here, amazing
- [December, 2013] I found this dram in an advents calendar sampled by MaRa.
my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 95. I took no detailed notes but it was a large sample and I had it on Christmas' eve...