- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Inga Saga Trilogy - Edition Three
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Number of bottles
- 54.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 26 Jun 2011 9:03 pm
85 × in wishlist
176 × member ratings
716 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park Earl Haakon
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.05 points
- 2333'91 - church candles in burlap and wild honey of Orkney heather are all under the layers of sherry (let it stand well and it won’t stick out)
- head-to-head comparison with 12 yo Saint Magnus and 15 yo Earl Magnus can be found here http://madmaxhwisky.blogspot.com/2017/01/whisky-felling-tasting-2-orkney-saga.html
- OK....who is going to be the first to open their bottle and provide a tasting note?
- Considering it is 54.9% abv it has little punch to it?
Flavourwise it is pretty good just not particulalrly exciting and the price now is far too high
- This is a lovely dram, very HP but I would have expected a few surprises and this one plays it straight down the middle. 89
Some sharpness of alcohol and possibly sulphite but soon leaves a warm honeyed nose with a touch of sandalwood and sawn oak. Deeper in there is orange oil and white pepper. Faint hint of smoke and a little mint. With water the sulphite and smoke comes more up front but leaves even more orange oil.
Malty and earthy taste with orange oil & honey. Very classic HP taste. Warming and rich. Oily, coating mouthfeel with very slight hints of smoke but less than I would expect. With water it becomes a touch sweeter with orange marmalade making an appearance.
Long spicy finish, white pepper & cloves.