- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Beast 167ppm
- Stated Age
- 06 years old
- Number of bottles
- 60.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 19 Jun 2011 9:56 pm
32 × in wishlist
91 × member ratings
360 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Futures II
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.68 points
- Octmore at its best.
- + H2O: more aromas, but still too spicy + H2O: like that + H2O: gets bitter
sweet, closed, a little alcohol, smoke is developing
very spicy, sweet, smoky
sustainable alcohol and phenol
- Funny and frivolous, despite the serious values of the fortress and PPM, sweet-citrus on a peat background, an extremely tidy, dessert peat monster.
Open, wet, wet, leafy leaves, a crude treated tree, raw mushrooms, surprisingly few smoke-and-peat derivatives for 167 claimed ppm, wet tin, dried apples.
Powerful, dense, sweet peat, lemon, orange, lollipops, ash and charcoal, lemonade notes, a little smoked meat
Cheerful, warming, sweet, citrus-peat, soft, lollipops, apple-pear confiture.
- Great whisky. For me one of the best Octomore. Less smoky than you might think with the PPM Very well balanced.
Peaty and smoky Relatively sweet and fruity Light nut flavors and slight hints of vanilla
Smoky and sweet Salty Maritime notes pepper notes
Long finish Smoke, good cutie, vanilla Salty maritime notes pepper
- The origin of all Octomore ...
In contrast to Future I, the way is clear!
Great stuff, but takes a lot of time in the glass to breathe
- Only ever available from the Distillery and in very limited numbers.
Much sought after due to its very high 167ppm peat content and a real
- Rated 89 Points Malt Maniacs 31/12/2013