- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml
- Added on
- 16 Jun 2011 3:22 pm
14 × in wishlist
122 × member ratings
196 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Singleton of Dufftown 18-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.58 points
- Easy to drink, fine dram for beginners, sweet, some Bourbon casks maybe, very few spices, dry, nothing too complex it seems until you give this one some time and consideration. Does get better if one starts searching for the Aromas. Enjoyed it and would be interesting with a higher ABV maybe?
- Smell 85
- Whisky very round without being scented, it seems to drink water once the attack passed. A whisky not unpleasant but not very interesting.
- A very soft, aromatic note. Sweet fruits, also some sherry. The wood notes are in the background, but they are there.
Rather spicy in the mouth. Cloves, furry berries, spices.
He can drink really well.
If he was a little stronger, he could really convince ...
- A good step above the horrible 12 year old and those like the cascade etc. Still just not my kind of single malt.
- [November, 2014] I emptied a bottle from a different batch that I bought for 44 Euro in September, 2014.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85. My notes state it is easy to drink but without both highlights or flaws.
- [September, 2013] I had this dram during a Charlie Smith tasting at Bonn.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 82,5. I took no detailed notes.
- Rediscovered a >1y open bottle witch I thought long to have been emptied.
Despite its weak 40% not really volume missing. I´d agree to the description "old style". Points now augmented from 82 to 85.