- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Label with landscape; 'Connemara', age, ... printed on bottle
- Added on
- 12 Jun 2011 12:36 am
6 × in wishlist
106 × member ratings
229 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Connemara 12-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.09 points
- Very very soft, like drinking smoked mash water.
- Sweet, soft, barely smoke, but some bland notes (old socks?) That I do not like. Therefore, nothing for me. The boy is better.
Peat smoke, vanilla, lemon, pineapple, pear, burnt wood, ginger and melon.
Pineapple, pear, lemon zest, soot, ginger and burnt wood.
Medium, smoke, turfo, burned wood, lemon and a little fruit.
- In conclusion, this is a nice entry into the world of smokers, I like it, no more - no less
A very nice fruity nose - bright fruits, grapes, slightly citrus - with surprisingly little smoke for me, very pleasant
in the mouth then a nice smoky note, nothing blatant but beautifully integrated in the sweetness, light wood notes
in the finish but surprisingly long in the subtle smoke. In conclusion, this is a nice entry into the world of smokers
- Joa, was rather a weak start, certainly something for absolute beginners in the Peated genre, too bad because the individual notes are quite nice.
Very reserved, you have very fine and distant light sea notes together with a long-extinct campfire, but far from real smoky Scots reminds me just by the very subtle and light citrus notes it very much to Caol Ila, also the white grapes are there , nice but too weak
Here, too, a weak start, one has eigtl. The same as in the nose, first here the citrus acid, a little green apple, then a bit of soot and autumn leaves, bitter, young oak is quite discreet in the background
Even in its finer form, the smoke and soot are superimposed on the remainder here, a little green apple with a bitter shell, in short
Interestingly complex, but mild and gentle. Pleasant floral notes like
strolling thru an orchid farm. A splash of water will bring you the
lychee and pineapple aroma (Yes, like Sauvignon Blanc). Light trace of
Palate:- Light, juicy sweet and malty. Lightly peat like burn wood, and crisp at the back.
Finish:- Citrus and light caramel finish. Medium length.
— at The Whiskey Bar, Kuala Lumpur.