- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 5
- Stated Age
- 32 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 53.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 07 Jun 2011 7:59 pm
20 × in wishlist
92 × member ratings
84 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1978
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.14 points
- Whiskyauction.com 10-2017 €710
- Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: Rich and sweet, with stewed fruits, cocoa, almond oil, hints of praline, icing sugar and peppermint.
Minty and rich with dark chocolate and toffee sauce, hints of cooked
fruits, particularly barked apple, as well as hazelnut and dates…
Finish: A coffee-led finish with walnuts and dates.
- Batch 5 contains the following bottles:
1972 cask 716
1978 cask 1067
1989 cask 3314
1991 cask 2406
1993 cask 1
- This Whisky was sold for 455 € at Whiskyauction in Feb. 2015
- I feel this one was
bottled just in time.
The nose is soft and
subtle. The sherry translates into wonderful notes of Seville oranges, black berries,
raspberries, baked apples with a hint of nuts and mint. Actually quite a fresh
nose for an oldie, but I had expected a bit more power.
On the palate, it is
more stury indeed. Again nicely fruity, but also punchy a spicy from the get
go. The oak is very prominent, but the whole is juicy enough to remain
balanced. Orange peel, mint and walnuts are in the lead. No need for water.
The finish continues
on the same, with a return of the nuts at the death.
- Reluctant but spicy aroma, ripe grapefruit, pepper, distillery warehouse, leather, furniture polish, oak, nutmeg, liqourice, cloves, orange peel, wet peat, roasted coffee beans and raisins. Medium sweet taste, mint, eucalyptus, ginger, pepper, fennel tea, liqourice, apple peel and vanilla. Long, spicy and herbal end.
- Producer`s NotesAppearance: Full autumn gold with an amber core.
Nose: Brazil nuts enrobed in a bitter chocolate ganache, topped with
sugar glazed fruit and fresh liquorice.
Palate: Vibrant and full bodied. Generous fruit components moulded around the richly fortified base of Oloroso sherry.