- Single Malt
- Liquid Sun (LS)
- Stated Age
- 34 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 48.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 07 Jun 2011 4:20 pm
23 × in wishlist
119 × member ratings
71 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 1976 LS
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.61 points
- These 1976 vintages can be good, this one is no exception! If it had just s little bit less bitterness this would be 92 in my books. But I have to score it just a little bit lower.
Blueberries, tropical fruits like mango, papaya. Then some pineapple? Cassis, sweet honey and melons.
Sweet!! Honey, papaya, mango, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries. Great, great, great! Melons, cassis and a touch of cacao powder. This is very nice! Oranges and a lot of them.
Bitter fruits, chocolate, some more bitterness in the finish and then a healthy dose of oak. A tad to much to make it a fruit bomb for my profile.
- Very good, also as aperitif
Nutty, shoe polish, milk chococlate, some dried fruits, dates, old furniture, brown sugar, wet tobacco - really good
Oily, creamy, sirupy, good sweetness, toffee, chocolate, tobacco, dried fruits, little herbal, menthol, cough drops - still good
Medium long, warm, more herbal, little drying
- A little too much drying-bitterness combo in the finish to score really big...
- On the nose; Propolis, beeswax, cassis syrup, elderflower, dark berry mixture very concentrated, lavender, cherry sweets, furniture polish, caramel candies and ripe yellow kiwis. Taste: Cherry jam, dried plums in sugar, tarte tatin with a hint of turmeric, physalis in currant syrup. Finish: Fairly long with cherry candies, dark chocolate, espresso and pleasant notes of wood. Elegant and very balanced. Almost my favorite profile. n93, t92, f92
- A very good expression of Tomatin '76, however there are better options. Back in 2011 I rated this 90pnt. Perhaps nowadays this rate would be higher...
Still such a fruity profile! Sadly the Tomatins don't show it anymore.