- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength - Batch 2
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 60% Fresh Sherry Hogsheads & 40% Refill Sherry Butts
- Number of bottles
- 58.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 22 May 2011 1:57 pm
16 × in wishlist
57 × member ratings
100 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 12-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.64 points
Sky oak, rubber, malt, sherry and caramel. Burger King's Angus thick beef, smoked, butter, pepper, salt, peat, spices, citrus, cream, leather, dried fruit.
Coke bitter, oak, bean fat, dark fruit dried fruit, 80% black, salt, fireworks, butter biscuits, nuts, licorice, ginger powder, plasticizer, fruit.
Long, almond bitter, 100% black, oak, white pepper, blue smoke, minerals, sweet, salty oil.
- Nose: Powerful Springbank-ness. Sharp ginger, chocolate malt, Milo, very mineral at the same time, wonderful briny notes. Wood dust, saw dust, butter, butter almond. Wonderful oak. After a wee drop of water, the smoky aroma starts to burst out. It becomes creamier, plus very prominent vegetal peat. The Springbank saltiness kicks in after a few minutes. This is a very complex nose. Some milk chocolate, nuts. Hollow old room smell. WOW!Palate: Surprisingly sweet, dried fruit sweetness. Prunes. Licorice. Some tropical fruits, melon. Yummy. Oh that fat thick and oily mouth feel. The good things on the nose continues on the palate. Honey ginger, butter cream, almost concentrated fruit juice taste. Butter cookies. Another wow.Finish: Salty. Nutty. Bit of smoky. Nice bitterness. Some Chinese Traditional Liniment. Very nutty. Buttery. TastyBalance: The nose is very powerful, so does the palate. The finish is pretty long. To me this is a bit nose heavy. Because the nose is so good, the palate and the finish seems to lag behind. Overall it's still very a good whisky.Final: Superbly good Springbank. Young and powerful, and again it needs your patient to discover the lovely sides of this whisky.Verdict: Another example of excellent whisky at a shockingly low price.
Too bad whiskies nowadays are very expensive.
- Very good Springbank 12yo CS, but a little too dominated by spices, the impact of Sherry being more important than in the more recent batches (13,14 ...).
Despite its power, always great and mineral :)
- Nose:- Big. Chili, very pungent. Whiff of leafy and turf. Solvent. Palate:- Powerful and grand entry. The creamy liquid dissolve
beautifully onto the palate, mouth watering and high strength. Rich
ripe fruits and very earthy. Masculine.
Finish:- Medium length, spicy throughout with rooty and solvent note.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Blind tasting.
Almond paste, oily, pepper and smoke. Woody, citrus, caramel, vanilla, orange, mandarins and coffee.
Orange, briny, oily and ointment-like. Forest notes, pine raisins and chocolate
Medium drying with nuts, chocolate, grains and maple syrup.
- Was outstanding ... simply outstanding ... With 4 ml of water to 1 cl. Whisky my indulgence tip ...