- Single Malt
- High Spirits' Collection (HSC)
- Stated Age
- 30 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 May 2011 9:37 am
11 × in wishlist
15 × member ratings
7 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caol Ila 1980 HSC
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.38 points
- pale gold color, very fine nose, on wax, iodine, very light peat, lemon, very fresh. Gourmet mouth attack, lemon confit, then more and more iodized, with a little pepper at the end of the mouth. Missing just a little length, the dilution is felt on the final, but a beautiful finesse.
- A beautiful product, not very complex but very pleasant to drink, fresh and exotic!
an exotic fruit salad (kiwi, pineapple, especially), with nice tart notes. Alcohol well integrated, it is very fine, slightly woody and waxy.
a little iodine and pepper, always exotic fruits and this beautiful freshness. very light tip of peat. Pretty greasy texture
More wood and pepper. However, always fine and elegant
- Bright and intense is the Caol Ila. The nose presents itself sweetly with fruit flavors and with a light steamed by the age, light smoke. Also in the mouth is this wonderful combination of fruit sweetness and mild smoke. The finish is short but strong and leaves a memory of peat smoke back.
For an Islay whisky astonishingly restrained, as regards the peatiness. The fantastic combination of sweetness, fruit and smoke can hardly be described more specifically, but enjoy the better.
- Same cask but Cask Strenght -