Glengoyne 2011

Market
Scotland Scotland
29 aug 2022 11:12 pm by cintain

Whisky reviews for Glengoyne 2011

3 users have left 3 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 88.88 points.

1. Glenjasper scored this whisky 90 points Connoisseur

Classic fruity Glengoyne. Unfortunately, the alcohol is very dominant and disturbing. A few drops of water and the whisky opens. Still not a favorite for me

2. Create a free Whiskybase account to read all 3 reviews for this whisky
    Create free account
  3. alcohol_Shrimp scored this whisky 88 points Newbie

Calm aroma, rich taste. The whisky that made me want to go to Scotland.

The scent is quite calming. It's the kind of scent you can feel from an old tree. The scent of an old, oily wooden chest of drawers appears. The scent of oak is so calm yet greasy. It was a scent I had never felt before. Can this scent appear?

As you hold it in your mouth, the aroma gradually dissolves and the rich taste and aroma come up. The first thing I noticed was the sweet and sour scent. While the scent of red barry appears, rich fruit, scent of oak, and oily feeling appear. And when I drink it slowly after a while, I feel the scent of milk chocolate and malt soft. Was the deceased this kind of whisky?

The finish is a lingering aftertaste of dark fruit. The sweet and sour scent also lingers. The berry flavor was really strong. And on this day, Boyeon-nim brought a 12-year-old Glengoin for comparison. The nuance of the fruit had a very similar feel, but it was a completely different whisky. I want to have it, and I want to drink it again.

Whisky that told me why I fell in love with whisky after a long time. I had a purpose to go even to taste this kind of whisky.

4. DramALife scored this whisky 80 points Expert Senior

Very much still Glengoyne in terms of citrus fruits. Quite oily. For a FF PX 100 maturation, I’m expecting more PX influence. It’s okish but £175 is simply too much. Well they’ve customised sherry casks so the price might be justifiable. But flavour wise you can find better with 2/3 the price.

[78-82] I’d welcome another dram, but won’t pay for a bottle.

KVK: 60207205