- Single Malt
- Speciality Drinks Ltd (SMS)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 57.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Heavily Peated
- Added on
- 07 Apr 2011 1:49 pm
one in wishlist
18 × member ratings
19 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caperdonich 1998 SMS
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.00 points
- According to the bottle label, the distillery status incidentally, incorrectly stated as: "Working".
- This was a surprise. Expecting a more typical Caperdonich and ending up with more of an Islay touch rather than the expectation.
I am pleased that I bought more than on bottle
Expecting the traditional Caperdonich nose you are instead hit by an intense peat. Behind the peaty entry comes sweet vanilla, malt and hay
Enters sweet and mild but changes rapidly to a spicy sharpness and increasing peat
Long and spicy with a peaty ending
- Interessting how different whisky can be
Some sweet bourbon casks with a surprising smoke.
Sweet, smoky and crispy, bitter herbs and flowers. Sharp alcohol burns on the tongue.
Rather short with a smoky sweetness
- Weird, but still drinkable
Pickled onion crisps and smoked bacon
Sweet smoke and lots of salty spiced gammon
White wine and cabbage water with fresh cracked peppercorns