78.42/100
Strength
24 May 2008 12:35 pm
ColoredChillfiltered

Whisky Reviews for Tomintoul Peaty Tang

46 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.42 points

[February, 2017]  Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 30 Euro in March, 2015.  This batch was bottled on January 13th, 2015.[October, 2015]  Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 30 Euro in March, 2015.  This batch was bottled on January 13th, 2015.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85 both times.  My notes state a fresh and nicely balanced malty and peaty profile.  One of the best bargain NAS editions out there...

2. Mr.Edradour scored this whisky 68 points Connoisseur

What that?
    Tastes like boiled tang or medicine.
    If this would have been my first single malt scotch, I would never ever have tried a second one!
    The worst whisky I tried in my whole lifetime so far!

3. Mr. D. scored this whisky 75 points Expert Senior

4. Wolv scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

5. Martin1965 scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

Smoke, heather, flower meadow
    • Taste
      Smoke, Fruity, Nutty, Earthy
      Medium long with smoke

Very harmonious and balanced for a young whisky.
      For smoke beginners a recommendation. Suitable for colliery.
      I like it.

6. Tom na Gruagaich scored this whisky 75 points Connoisseur

Young, smoky, but without mistakes and therefore pleasant. No Islay smoke, more "fat" mainland peat.

7. Falnor scored this whisky 74 points Connoisseur

Don't expect a great peated whisky, but for this price this is a good choice.

8. whiskyd scored this whisky 65 points Expert Senior

9. HW74 scored this whisky 64 points Expert Senior

Got the whisky as a gift, an original 5cl sample. What can I say, I expected much more. If you smell from the bottle, you almost believe in a Laphroaig. The smoke evaporates very quickly in the glass and a reminder remains. Then comes a smell that I can hardly describe, somehow after fresh paint. A very young whisky, on which in my opinion the keg had too much influence, reminds me here again of the new Laphroaigs, unfortunately. I did not like it, maybe it was because of the sample. Bitter and very dry on the finish, there is nothing that I like.

10. RobIsrael scored this whisky 77 points Member Senior