- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 02 Apr 2011 11:22 am
36 × in wishlist
211 × member ratings
433 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old
30 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.28 points
- A very typical SB without heavy cask influence. Mostly on fruit with a side of leatheriness, citrus, and some medical tablets in the finish.
- Astonishing good this 10 yo Springbank - value for the money - had a bottle code 10/485
Tropical fruits, citrusy, honey, ripe bananas, pineapples
Oily, liquorice, leathery, salty, faint smoke, peppery, little sweetness - rather dry, little fruitiness
Medium long, peppery, and really just a tad bitterness but doesn't hurt at all
- Bottle code 10/485
- Surprisingly well structured and full bodied for a 10yo. Distinctive Campbeltown style, liked it a lot.
Hint: I had a first taste of it right after opening the bottle - it was rather disappointing. After 3 months, I came back to it and wrote this review. As some other reviews suggest, consider giving it a bit of time.
Brine, complemented by sherry-sweetness, gentle peat smoke, a hint of herbs.
Nice and thick texture. Surprising fruity sweetness at first, with a whiff of citrus. Then the sea saltiness and peat start to take over. Warming, but no unpleasant alcohol burn (tasting it neat, at 46%).
Sea salt and peat that linger longer than expected, along with subtle spice.
- no standard soft-washed whisky
but this tar-car tire-burnt lye pastry touch bothers me a bit
lemon caramelised in honey peppered with a sprig of rosemary
usual strong start
Oak and this tar car tire flavor
sweet-salty and a subtle smoke rising from behind the throat
Oak and sweet and herbaceous
- Score for a bottle with code 10/342
- An excellent combination with airdried, salted, natural matured Italian Parma Ham!!
Sea breeze, some vanilla, beewax, some fresh citrus als well, peat.
Waxy, thick and oily. Nicely peated (delicate), some pepper, vanilla, citrusa and boney. Brackish.
Long, delicate, nice peatyness remains, pepper and citrus. Still some brackish sea breeze, lovely!