- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Double Matured in Oloroso Seco Cask Wood
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- Cl-Br: 173-5j
- Added on
- 07 Apr 2011 6:34 pm
13 × in wishlist
56 × member ratings
119 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1993
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.17 points
- Find this to be a nice digestif.
- Good mouthfeel, strong waxiness that lasts long in the mouth, tropical fruity and lively, also some old aromas, old oak discreetly in the background, alcohol well integrated, with water it becomes fresher. I like it very much.
Candle wax, grapefruit, lemon, orange, milk chocolate, vanilla pod, slightly obf, toffee, slightly fermented apple, some old oak in the background, rustic shoe style, old loft
Candle wax, Oily, Heavy, White pepper, Forest Honey, Dried bunch of herbs, Thyme, Lemon peel, Orange, Banana
Medium long, waxy, light bitterness, soft
Floral. Polished wood. Wax paper. Hints of red fruit. Raspberry drink. Dry sherry. Lemon cake. Bit of a vanilla toffee and butterscotch note develops over time.
Candle wax. Sawdust. Dry sherry. Wisps of tobacco. Honey. Dark fruits.
Medium. Bitter wood and lingering floral notes.
- Sweet, waxy (less than with other clynelish whiskys). Full balanced taste, stays a long time. Tasted during NaT in Wijchen.
- Clynelish has been my favourite single malt for a very long time and I was very excited to get my hands on this special version. I was sadly let down a bit, it was significantly more expensive than the standard 14 year old expression, and tasted pretty much the same.
- Matured in oak timber and then poured in for his finish in Oloroso Seco
casks, a finish that give a delicious twist to the sweet tastes and aromas
The Clynelish is bright golden. The fragrance is complex. Wax candle and beeswax with a little honey, dried citrus and tropical fruits. The aftertaste is slightly peppery and then soft
Sweet aromas of roasted nuts, malt and salt followed by fruity aromas with sweet vanilla and floral tones
A soft and sweet taste of peat, fruit and ripe fruit
A sweet and fruity with pleasant notes of nuts and vanilla
- I was surprised to find out that this was Clynelish. Not the best I've had
Banana, guava, mango and orange
Lacking somewhat in weight. Water gives it a light sherbetty texture but its just lacking somehow
Sweet sugary and medium length.