- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Family Reserve
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 53.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 29 Mar 2011 3:52 pm
10 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
88 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Pappy Van Winkle's 15-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.12 points
- This takes water really well, better in my view than the much more expensive 20 and 23 year.
- 91 points for the 2012 bottling. Other than the rye, Pappy 15 is year in year out the best of the 10/12/15/20/23/rye range.
- that's it I tasted of Pappy Van Winkle, I am a man. :-) I feel like I'm at the top of Mont Bourbon. I hope the descent will not be too monotonous. Enthusiasm 5/5 Whiskey n ° 1529
Waxed wood and solvent thoroughly! But also sweet and vanilla, more and more intense. It looks like an old grain! Caramel. Caressing and intense at the same time, never aggressive. Very attractive with some red fruits.
It's a gourmet vanilla that comes first stage THEN the spicy attack second (This is one of the things that will mark me) The wood is present, but without bitterness too marked. Touch almost gooey.
The spices dance a long time with a return of the solvent.
- This Whiskey was sold for 705 € at Whiskeyauction in March 2015
- The best van winkle of them all in my opinion,dangerously drinkable.
- Wow, this is a very quaffable and simply marvellous
bourbon. Not easy to find, though. Thanks, Kris!
Vanilla and oak are the first things I noticed on this
creamy nose. Then a truckload of honey and a pinch of cinnamon kick in. Raisins and cherries. Caramelized pecan nuts and maple syrup. Hints of
Hmm, very mouth coating and creamy, but the bite of
the spices is rather soft. Caramel and apple,
butterscotch, nutmeg. Dark fruit on syrup. The pecan nuts are of the roasted variety now. Wonderful.
Great and long finish on caramel and coffee, with
nutmeg at the death.
Coconut, varnish, creme brulee, caramel and some nuts.
Powerful and rich. Varnish, salted butter caramel, bitter almond in the middle of the mouth. There are also a lot of spices and vanilla.
On caramel and vanilla.
- Absolutely one of the best 15 yrs out there in my opinion. I have tried many this year and I still come back to this every time. The best place or opportunity to taste is at events, such as the WhiskeyFest here in the states. Each year all these whiskey`s come together and it`s a taste off!