- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Charred American White Oak Barrels
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Mar 2011 7:46 am
15 × in wishlist
185 × member ratings
338 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Eagle Rare 10-year-old
36 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.38 points
- An excellent, drinkable bourbon. Not too heavy; sweet and exciting enough
New oak, honey, vanilla, banana cake
White pepper, apple butter, a bit of banana, the sweetness of maize
Doesn't stick, but drifts slowly on the tongue, especially the pepper. Also a bit of vanilla and sweetness
- Caramel, cinnamon, vanilla ginger, pome fruit, roasted oak, spicy. Balanced, medium body, warming, good medium intensity, somewhat dry and very little astringent. Unspectacular, free of finesse, and a bit tasty.
- Very spicy and typical Bourbon, pretty drinkable
Tasted a sample before but was much better this time
Liquorice, cinnamon, vanilla, hints of charred oak, whiffs of smoke, little fruitiness, apricot, orange peel
Little punchy, vanilla, more charred oak, spicy, more liquorice, cinnamon, and some ripe orange fruits
Medium long, warm, even more liquorice, little smoky
- Waxy orange marmalade with creamy cookies, oily caramel, varnish and black pepper.
RATING: 83pts - [n21,t20,f21,b21] → |83-85: Decent|
- Nose: caramel, oak, light acidity, refreshing, fruity. Spices. Nutmeg, cloves, tamarind.
Mouth: strong, a nice sweetness combined with strong oak, popcorn. Departure: long, soft custard, oak, and subtle, slightly sour fruit notes. A really good bourbon.
- Luckily he was my first bourbon, because I like him right away. Had my doubts but I'm glad to have bought. Price performance of the hammer.
Vanilla, light cinnamon note, sour and yet sweetish, A-oak, clear bourbon note, nutty and almost complex, with this age surprising notes.
Now, in short, the bourbon effect I do not like, but then clear sweetness, even sour with spiciness, thought: car polish, it remains a delicate herbal note. OK.
Medium long round finish, some oak and therefore also spicy, sweet and sour at the same time, noticeable herbs on the finish. Slightly nutty and warming.
- N- Initial spicy oak and mellow phenol that evolved to sweet clotted cream and warm pudding, appeared delicious with whiff of spiced orange reduction. Although wee shy and restraint on aroma, but showing good depth with elegant and refinement, and is nice that it is not as oaky and charred as some others.
P- Velvety and balanced texture with good proportionate flavours of smokey wood, orange peel and passion fruit. Well matured that throw the usual hints of white oak out of window.F- Medium-long, smooth, chocolate bar with little dried fruits bites. Blooming and ripe with amicable roundness with tinge of fine spicy dry coat with spicy honey undertones.
— at The Whiskey Bar, Kuala Lumpur.