- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Special Reserve Lot 'B'
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- White Oak Barrels
- 45.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 17 Mar 2011 1:03 pm
5 × in wishlist
17 × member ratings
42 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Van Winkle 12-year-old
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.73 points
- This is better with water, its ok but nothing special
- As we all know, Van Winkles and Pappies are wheated. My score of 91 is for the 2015 Lot B 12 year old. People that give this a low score probably are not regular bourbon drinkers or don't know their bourbons well.
(I noticed that many very very good bourbons here on Whiskeybase do not score well)
- I found this to be a bit weak in every department ,maybe its just a bad batch,i find the weller 12yr old to be better value for money.
- This is a wonderful start to trying Kentucky Bourbon. I have tried this and find it to be light, refreshing and nice on the finish. It is a starter to some of the big boys in the 12 yr range.
- There are a lot of batches for this.