- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Speyside Scotch Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Aug 2007 11:02 pm
11 × in wishlist
388 × member ratings
998 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cardhu 12-year-old
64 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 76.42 points
- Your basic malty Speyside, nothing off putting and nothing outstanding.
Sweet, slightly fermented fruits / a little alcoholic.
Watery, a hint of honey sweetness
- A delicious malt whisky with a nice full flavor with honey and nuts in a beautiful carafe with a beech wood stopper.
- I am not a fan. Maybe the most boring and insipid whisky I have ever tasted. Also it swims like a rock.
Almost not there. Some astringent alcohol, a little bit of toasted cereal, and hint of oak.
Very thin and weak. Bitterness from the oak, again with the not-so-pleasant alcohol note. An afterthought of apples or pears.
Shorty McShorts. The unpleasant alcohol is gone though. Akvavity.
- Not too complex, but definitely not bad + the price is more than pleasant
Sushi, vanilla, chocolate, oranges, raisins, mint
Sweet, creamy, background citrus, lime, gooseberry and gently spicy
Cream, chocolate, some grain, matolin, latte macchiatto
- Notes are for the H. Cummings edition.
- A bit simple, but if you're not out to overload the senses it's very drinkable.
I like the bottle shape which sits well in the hand when pouring, as well as the flared opening with the oversized wood topper.
Light, fruity and surpricingly fresh.
Lots of juicy apples and a few peaches.
Mild fudge, very faint vanilla and oak.
Very light,almost watery, sweet malt, some hazelnutts arriving midway. Burnt honey turning spicy.
Spice lingers a little, turning slightly bitter, dry and woody.