91.53/100
1978
Strength
30 Jan 2011 9:50 am

Whisky Reviews for Highland Fusilier 21-year-old GM

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.53 points

1. AH Whiskyvitrine scored this whisky 91 points Connoisseur

• Taste

2. BenNevis scored this whisky 92 points Expert Senior

When I first opened this I was a bit disappointed, It seamed a bit rough, harsh. Now its been open 2 to 3 months I really like this. It seems smoother and very moreish  Its more like an older Macallan. I think there has to be some old Macallan sherry casks in this. 91 points
      leather, oak and sweet sherry
    • Taste
      oak, woody in a good way, sherry, nutty, almonds, well matured sherry cask whisky
      finish is short to medium, sherry and oak mostly and just a hint of peat. It leaves your mouth slightly dry.

[July, 2005]  Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 86 Euro in July, 2005.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 92,5.  My notes state an unbelievably complex and multi-layered vat of malts all distilled before 1957 (as it was bottled in 1978 at an age of 21 years).  Dangerously quaffable...By the way, all these different tercentenary bottlings contain the same vat, just the labels are different.