- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Release No. 3 - Bert Forsyth
- Stated Age
- 41 years old
- Refill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 44.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 Feb 2011 4:37 pm
€ 1 650,00
38 × in wishlist
167 × member ratings
116 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenglassaugh 1968 - The Manager's Legacy
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.63 points
- This Whisky was sold for 500 â‚¬ at Whiskyauction in Jan.2017
- Although I do not know if I got the right malt from the bottle division, but it is to be assumed and frankly I do not understand the reviews.
For me a typical example of price / performance veneering.
(more expensive / old malt = must be good)
-> he is not.
Would not buy it for 150 â‚¬
- Because of the slightly bitter touch in the palate point deduction.
From a bottle division, so a sample bottle.
Typical Glassa nose, tropical fruits, then later mint.
Creamy, harmonious, again the tropical fruits, pleasant oak
Creamy, unfortunately at the end a slightly bitter note.
Fruit candies, pears and guavas with gentle leafy, floral tones, and sweet, sawn oak spice.
Creamy and sweet. Tropical fruits: dried mango and guava, walnuts, aniseed and oak spice.
Relaxed and fruity with gentle aniseed.http://glenglassaugh.co.uk/onlineshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=48
- The third of Glenglassaugh`s Manager`s quartet. Impressively old (distilled in December 1968) and limited to 300 bottles.