- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Valdespino Fino
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Fino Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 22 10 07
- Added on
- 02 Apr 2018 10:51 am
9 × in wishlist
53 × member ratings
162 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran Fino Sherry Wine Cask
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.35 points
- Very dry, somewhat bitter and - is that possible? - too much sherry in too little whisky. He gets used to it, though, and then gets better more complexity in the aromas (the damp cellar, the wood and the syrupy sherry aromas) come through better and better. At the beginning of the glass, I didn't want to say much good about it, in the end it just gets to 85 points, because of entertainment value, growth and complexity.
- Pretty nice sherry finished Arran with a hint of smoke that surprises.
Sherry, dried fruit, chocolate. Also some citrus peel. Alcohol smell is strong.
soft sweetness of red fruits and toffee. Nuts, wood and sherry, soft spicy flavors, also somewhat smoky which I did not define in the nose.
Medium, spicy and slightly peppery, warm spices. The smoke also hangs around a bit. This surprises me.
- I really love it. Something special and everyone should try it ;o)
- The rougher notes like leather and even light smoke have surprised me, it fits nicely into each other and has nice power with the 50% without being too aggressive.
Orange, mocha, alcohol, blueberries, cocoa powder, herbs, dusty oak, leather
Fruits from the forest, apples, many berries, beautiful light spices & herbs, cocoa and dry oak with light citrus notes, hints of smoke
With water: Significantly more dry orange, forest honey, apricots, dried fruit
Slightly dry, herbs remain, grapes with oak, medium length
- N- Raisin, cherry brandy. Intense dried fruits, 5 spices with drift of pungent wood.
P- Buddha fruits, sweetness of spices and dried fruits.
F- Short and lacking. Exit with odd bitterness linger.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
85/100 points - "beautiful sherry standard whisky".
The Arran offers distinct aromas of dry sherry, paired with a slightly disturbing alcoholic pungency.
Here you get an honest whisky, at a fair price of 60 €.
Link to the tasting on my blog: http://www.tasting-notes.de/Archive/412
At first very restrained with aromas of dry sherry. Plums, nuts, milk chocolate and caramel.
Then, after some time in the air becomes more open and fruity for grapes, damp soil and young m wood.
At first little sweetness, but dry sherry flavors and wood. Warming with a noticeable alcoholic sharpness.
There is not much to discover here. Overall, a round sherry whisky, which tastes of a higher age.
Medium long finish with a pronounced alcoholic sharpness, wood and dry earth.