- Single Malt
- Avonside Whisky Ltd. (AsW)
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Jan 2011 3:43 pm
0 × in wishlist
36 × member ratings
45 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Avon 08-year-old AsW
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.81 points
- Can’t find much in this, honey and malt mainly, not a bad dram, could be glenfarclas
- Cereals on the nose but especially pal bad orange fresh clementine trend and fresh grass. Honey attack, watery texture, rather soft mouth, very easy to drink, the middle brings cinnamon and a slight bitterness. Short final on a return of honey. Basic dram but sweet enough.
- No clue what whisky this should be.
Malty and grainy. Sweet fruitiness of peach and coconut. Grassy notes as well. Dustiness. Whiff of smoke.
Punchy and spicy. Quite waxy. Black pepper and nutmeg. Honey. Orange peel and citrus fruit. Ginger. Also some sharp oakiness.
Medium long. Liquorice. Cinnamon. Becomes salty at the end.
- Malty and fruity aroma, banana, pear, passion
fruit, ripe orange and vanilla. Honey sweet taste, roasted nuts, pepper,
cinnamon, black tea and malt. Medium long, malty and fruity end.
- Undisclosed GlenfarclasBottled 2005 (Bottle code JE)