- Whiskybase ID
- Blended Malt
- Matthew Gloag & Son Ltd. (MG&S)
- Bottling serie
- Vintage Malt Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oak Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L760Y 24:10 08:37
- Added on
- 06 Jan 2011 11:31 am
7 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
103 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Famous Grouse 1987
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.06 points
- Eye: Amontillad minus. Irregular beads. Nose: Smoke. Ripe sweet melon wrapped in ham. Whiff of candy. Atjar. Sourdough. Molasses. Fresh apple. Mouth: Gentle burn. Filmy coating. Sweet sultana. Melon. Fatty nuts. Residue: Smoldering wood.
- Vatted malt with Macallan, HP and Glenrothes
Sultanas, figs, oranges, bananas, mint, smoky
Creamy, soft, spicy, citrus, nutty
Long, dry, sweet, vanilla, smoky
- A pleasant vintage malt wich develops in to a candy store.
Malty, estery - fruity (apple), banana - soft vanilla notes and slightly some 'Highland Park' is merging from the depth (reduced: more estery notes/aldehyden - fruitbowl - vanilla/butterscotch comebined with some nice sherry notes).
Sweet, mellow, creamy and slightly bitter, spices with a touch of cocoa (reduced: soft and mild, slightly sweet notes with sherry and sultanas).
Dry, floral and spicy fruit.
- you can smell and taste the Highland Park in this vatting