- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Family Reserve Rye
- Stated Age
- 13 years old
- 47.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Dec 2010 9:16 pm
10 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
44 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Van Winkle 13-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.48 points
- Legendary whiskey. Almost impossible to find in the U.S., let alone Europe. I had expected more of this Van Winkle. The nose is gorgeous, the palate is a bit disappointing though.
Rich and round. The rye spices are well present. Polished oak. Butterscotch. Roasted chestnuts. Cherries and blueberries. Orange marmelade as well. Roses and lavender at the background.
A bit thin to be honest. Molasses. Resinous. Gingerbread. Brown sugar. Vanilla and honey. Cedar wood. Quite a lot of cinnamon. Pine. Bitter chocolate later on.
Not that long. Dry. A little nutmeg. Caramel. Mint.
- Picture states K0304, Tekst states B559 (where is that on the bottle?)
It`s not Buffalo Trace Whiskey. This Rye is supposedly a blend of Medley (Owensboro Kentucky) ánd Cream of Kentucky (Frankfort).
My score is for a bottle 70cl K0375
- Love this and looking for more!!!
Rye, vanilla, butterscotch, buttery, some squash and pumpkin
Sweet and rich, balanced with sweet and spice.
Candy sweet, more vanilla and oak.
- The nose is phenomenal, deep rye, lots of wood and leather, Taste sweet and whisps of fruit at mid palate with some spice, however still dry. Body is well balanced and smooth, Finish is very dry but in a great way. This has a perfect finish. Price is good, and Presentation could be better
- This was a rare find here in the states. I was visiting a shop in Santa Monica, Ca. USA and stumbled across this at a reasonable price. It taste wonderful and is very rare.