0 × in wishlist
12 × member ratings
22 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balmenach 1973 GM
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.90 points
- Very nice Balmenach, the usual hint of citrus on the nose. Hint of old bottle effect on the finish.
- This Whisky was sold for 237 € at Whiskyauction in June 2015
- Balmenach 1973/1995, 40%, G & M Connoisseurs Choice The nose is dry and musty. Not really dusty, I think of mushrooms and moss. Straw. Nothing wrong, however. After some time this makes room for fruit. Plums, oranges and even some mango. A spicy touch also looms. Camomile, mint. Evolves nicely. Fruity taste with the mango and the orange of the nose, just like kiwi. Yes, this Balmenach is a bit tropical. Besides the fruit I have vanilla, liquorice, ginger and a bit of wood. Yummy. That stale is apparently only something in the nose. Medium finish on stewed fruit and herbs, ends slightly bitter. A more than successful acquaintance. 85/100 http://onversneden.com/2010/10/14/balmenach-1973-gordon-macphail/
- It's allright, but the 1974 was better to my opinion. But interesting enough if you can get your hands on to it!
a hint of wood smoke (didn't found that yet in the 1974), some sherry influences with a floral touch to it.
Body: medium to full some sherry dried fruity like flaors as dades perhaps? or plum? drying in the back.
quite drying with some woodspices, didn't last that loge
- An interesting old Speysider with a smoky and peaty character.
The nose start quite peaty. Burnt wood. Also sweet-sour farmy notes (is this a Speysider?). Vinegar and balsamico. Some mint.
Lots of nutiness. Polished oak. Dried fruits of figs and dates. Hints of sherry. Dry peat as well.
Medium long. Dry. Tanninic. Spices of pepper and nutmeg. Liquorice.