- Single Malt
- Duncan Taylor (DT)
- Bottling serie
- Rare Auld - Germany No. 5
- Stated Age
- 42 years old
- Oak Cask
- Number of bottles
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 12 May 2008 1:20 pm
9 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
33 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 1965 DT
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.13 points
- Bottle # 84 sold empty at ebay.
- Tasting Notes:
- [March, 2012] Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 124 that I bought for 141 Euro in July, 2009.
[December, 2008] Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 077 that I bought for 157,50 Euro in October, 2008.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 90 both times. My notes state a beautiful fruity old style malt with slightly wooden notes. Nevertheless easy sippable...
- This Whisky was sold for 384,-€ at Whiskyauction 01/2016.
- Nose: licorice, some cinnamon, round vanilla, sweet rum, grapes, Malaga, "summer" in the glass
Palate: supple and vigorous it lies on the tongue, nuts and almonds join the liquorice, dark fruit, old leather, oak, elegant, old wood
Departure: long remains a pleasant, sweet wood flavor
Conclusion: horny, old Tomatin, especially the great wood aroma has convinced me
- Nose:in beginning some rubber, earth, dried fruits, sweet warming, spicy, aceton
Taste:juicy, spicy fruitiness, wood, anis, very good