- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Bourbon / Tawny Port Finish
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 28 Dec 2010 12:49 pm
22 × in wishlist
94 × member ratings
179 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for BenRiach 15-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.82 points
- Well accomplished
Smoky to Port
- Delicious spicy (somewhat nutmeg) in combination with earthy tones (peat), but also some wood tones in the nose. The taste has a nice subtle spiciness, nice sweetness and again wood tones (dry and some bitterness).
The finish is medium, spicy and even some menthol.
very voluminoes, short pungent alcohol but otherwise well integrated, Bacon smoke, subtle dark fruit after a long breath, a hint of port, wood
Start: tingling, powerfully pleasant, sweetness
Body: dark port white, vigorous camp fire smoke, raisins
Smoke becomes weaker, woody notes, creamy, soft, warm, light bitterness
Nose of Sherry, peat and smoke
Long warm taste of sherry fruits like Raisins dates and figs
Medium long to long with growing influence of smoke
- With a gentle and very dense character, it's the perfect companion for muddy or frosty days.
Tender and rich scent of peat, spice and pepper. From the barrel of the port of whisky, he reached out a dense jam of marmalade, but without any trace of sweets.
Massive taste of peat, wood, bitter chocolate, a little smoke, cloves, cinnamon and pepper.
The finish is really long, it is expected to be one of the smoky whiskys and belongs to them.
- Having previously released single casks of port-finished peaty single
malt, Benriach have now introduced Solstice, a 15yo small batch of the
same. Described as heavily peated, the whiskies used for Solstice were
aged first in ex-bourbon casks before a finishing period in aged tawny
port pipes. Bottled without colouring or chill-filtration.
- That this whisky is doing rather well is nearly beyond me.
Salty cider on the nose, followed by smoked kippers and an unexpected spice.
Not a great balance.